Hey, Holler, Hi
1. Studio Skiffle, shorthandedly known as §, is the playful and improvisational award-winning design and art practice of Marshall Lambert. Marshall has passion for color, smells, culture, the real, the surreal, the known and the unknown.
2. The work of § reflects the curious and processual methods embraced while exploring and improvising with both digital and analogue technologies.
3. As well as traditional graphic design solutions including identities and websites, § specializes in editorial and publication design, illustration, and photography. Alas, no matter the project, § is eager to work intimately with you to help bring your project to life.
4. The name of § was influenced by the music genre, Skiffle. Familiar to few, Skiffle music is often played using improvised spirit and music instruments alike. When happening upon the word and musical world of Skiffle, Marshall felt a great kinship between the essence of Skiffle and her own design processes which often involve improvising, playing and exploring different mediums and techniques. Because of the world's general unfamiliarity with the word and work of Skiffle, Marshall is creating a research something, playfully titled An Informal Guide to What the Heck Skiffle Is and is Not. Please reach out if you would like to pre-order a copy.
5. In addition to client projects, Marshall is working to write and illustrate several children's stories of her own, and additionally, a fun interactive travel entertainment notebook for graphic designers and omni-creatives alike.
6. Lonnie Donegan was known as the King of Skiffle music, and Marshall aspires to one day become known as the Queen of Skiffle. She, like Lonnie, also plays the 5-string banjo. Because of this similarity, Marshall finds her aspiration to be not too far-fetched.
7. Though she considers her self slightly nomadic in spirit, she is currently residing in Denver, Colorado.
EDITORIAL + PUBLICATION DESIGN
Studio Skiffle has a special affinity for design and production of short-run, handmade publications.
§ can also help with a anything from editorial layouts to full publication and book design.
Please be in contact if you have a unique digital or print publication we can work on together.
Both hand-rendered and digital illustration are specialties of Studio Skiffle. If you have a vision but need help bringing it visually into the world, let's talk!